Do you feel like all of the other Buyers are getting the draw on you in this super competitive market? Here are some simple tips to consider to beat out the competition and to give you a shot at getting your dream home under contract in this wild market.
- Get PreApproved: Why is this step #1? Read my last post here on the reasons to get preapproved as your first move. A good lender will guide you and build a relationship and you’ll eventually need them. Having your ducks in a row ahead of time will give you the advantage when it’s time to make an offer.
- Know What You Need: Have a good idea the amount of bedrooms, location, amenities, and any home details before you spend the time out searching. Have a serious, working plan. A lot of my customers have a running check list that is ranked by importance of what suits their needs.
- Set-up Auto Notifications: Most of the big real estate search engines (including brentmoye.com/email-alerts/) will email or text you when a home with your criteria hits the market. You may get a lot of texts about new listing but being on top of what’s out there is a crucial part of the journey. Stay on top of the market!
- Pick A Good Real Estate Agent: Um, hello? Your are reading this from Brent Moye the Realtor’s blog, haha! But seriously a full-time, dedicated, experienced real estate agent is a huge asset for you. They should always be hustling for you and their importance will shine when you are under contract, that’s when you’ll need them the most. Together we are team that is focused on the same goal and that’s to make sure you are happy when you are at the closing table.
- Be Ready To Move: What I mean is when you see a house and you think it’s going to go fast then be ready to go see it ASAP. Houses are selling really fast so the early bird gets the home. Make it a mission to find that house you’ve always wanted.
- Stay Motivated: It gets tough and it wears on you. Submitting offers just to get beat out. Houses under contract in a day. Stick with it for the long run! I’m here to make sure you are constantly motivated. I’ll leave you with a quote from the greatest philosopher that has ever lived, The Outlaw Josey Wales: ”
“Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.”
Hang in there you’ll be glad you did!! – Brent
Brent Moye REALTOR®